- Unlike The Tipping Point that points to some vague level of support that suddenly makes an idea popular,…
- Unlike Blue Ocean Strategy that creates imagined observations after the fact that later have proved themselves to be incorrect,…
- Unlike Good to Great that can only point back to “management style” as a key differentiator among successful businesses,…
- It proved it by turning “the worst financial product in America” into the fastest growing financial product in America, recommended by top financial writers as a smart investment.
- It proved it by showing Subway Sandwiches and Salads that it could more than double per-store sales and increase franchise sales by 600% by cutting discounting, even though it did not change its product.
- It proved that the worst-tasting food product in its category could go from a low-share brand to top dog without using discounting and without improving the product.
- It proved that the top manufacturer in its category could drive its competitors “crazy” by forcing competitors to discount while it kept its profit margins high.
So what’s the big deal with The Alpha Factor?
So, what’s the big deal about The Alpha Factor?
American business is killing itself.? Every day we read about more once-great businesses that are now in dire straits, laying off people and fighting to maintain any semblance of their former glory. ? The future of American business doesn’t have to be defined by continual chaos and demise.? The Alpha Factor project proved that there is a much brighter future in a very unlikely place:? The revenue side of business.
Every corporate head who demands cost-cutting in order to make the company look good to financial analysts (which is almost every one of them) is strangling the life out of his company.? The problem is that corporate leadership is lost in cost-side management… not because they believe that it can grow their companies, but rather because they don’t believe it is possible to affect the revenue or sales side.? They wait for “magic” to happen on the revenue side and keep costs under control until it does. ?
This approach to business management is also wasting a company’s greatest asset: Its people. ? Employees are there to create growth, not cost-savings. ? That resource is being wasted because top managers don’t understand that they can, in fact, use that resource to create dramatic growth by managing the revenue side.
The Alpha Factor proves that any company can manage the revenue and sales side. ?
…The Alpha Factor has created real, measurable sales and profit growth for real American businesses using the model it espouses. ? It’s not just theory.? It’s not just observation.? It has actively and purposefully proven through real market tests that any company that really wants growth can create it by understanding the secret to how customers really make decisions and how to manage a innovation to take advantage of that.?
It proved that any company of any size can create dramatic, sustainable growth without innovating new products or competing by the rules that everyone else believes need to be followed.
No other book offers anything like this.
Is there a single corporate executive or executive hopeful that would not want to know how to create growth without the huge R&D investment of product innovation?? Is there a single financial advisor who would not like to understand how to really evaluate the future potential of a company based upon how likely it is to create long-term sustainable growth? ? If there is, then that person should not be in his job.
The Alpha Factor is the first in a series of books that will apply the universally applicable model I discovered of the “pyramid of drivers of buying decision” to real business problems. ? To follow shortly will be The Alpha Factor Field Guide – a team-based self-assessment of how well your company uses Alpha learning and what you can do about it. ? Following that will be Alpha Innovation – the secret to creating breakthrough, disruptive innovation.? Following that will be Alpha Management – how to make your people your greatest sales team.
I believe there is nothing more critical to the future of American business than to help top managers and future ones, as well, understand that they don’t have to wait for “magic” to occur. ? They can take control of their company’s future.? They can take control of the buying decisions within their category. ? And they can create a stronger future for every other business in their category, as well.